Recommended Daily Dose to Improve Your Life
Recommended dosage: 2 x 10 minutes every day.
Do you know the feeling of almost every day being irritated by the same things and to be doing the same things over and over? Do you know the feeling of almost daily being unconsciously reacting to the same disturbances and then not understanding that before you know it more and more weeks and months pass by, even years? And do you sometimes feel that despite this you are no closer to your goals, dreams or visions and year after year you are more or less at the same spot? How can you change this for yourself? Of course there is no one right answer but here is a suggestion from me that I dare you to try.
Take 10 minutes at the beginning of every day to:
- Think and get clear view on how you want your day to be and what you are going to achieve before the day is over
- Think about the day in relation to your dreams and vision, what can you do today to take you closer to your vision?
- Use a diary or a notebook and keep track of how you are using (or spending) your time
- Spend less time watching TV and surfing the internet with no goal and use more time for constructive things, like exercising, meeting friends and family, work on your long-time dreams
- Book time in your calendar for those constructive things, so you will definitely do them
- Have a to-do-list for all the little things you have to do, such as taking cloths to the dry cleaning, change a light bulb in your hall, take grandma to the doctor etc.
- Put on your to-do-list all the things that are annoying you (broken heel on your favorite shoe, loose button on your shirt, car that needs cleaning, receipts you need to file etc.
) and work systematically towards finishing to take of those things so they will not take any more energy from you, energy you for sure need to work towards your goals and vision
- See if you have some assignments on your to-do-list that you should not be doing or if it is better that somebody else took care of them
- Make sure your calendar is not so full that you have no time to work on the most important things on your list of projects or assignments
- Make sure you have time to do some exercise of some kind, go for a walk, go hiking, go to the gym for cardio or weight lifting, according what suits you best each time
- Make sure you have time to pause, take a deep breath and think about if you are working towards what matters the most to you and according to your vision or if you are just chasing others every day.
Take 10 minutes at the end of every day to:
- Think about and evaluate how your day was
- Write down all that you finished or achieved during the day
- Mark out on your to-do-list what you took care of and finished during the day
- Write down all that you can be thankful for
Maybe these points are not the right points for you and you choose to make another list to go by but still take 10 minutes at the end of every day to evaluate how it went, how did you do and what you might want to do differently the following day.
You might even consider getting yourself an ally, someone you trust, a friend or a family member or a coach, to let you know if you are not moving towards your goals and vision.
So there is nothing to wait for - for you to do all that is within your power to increase your well-being and happiness and that way also become more successful.